Dr. Kissenberth specializes in sports medicine, arthroscopy and complex reconstruction of the shoulder, elbow and knee. He also has expertise in shoulder replacement surgery. He is a national expert in the care of the throwing athlete, particularly the young thrower. Dr. Kissenberth has published many peer-reviewed articles and book chapters, and he lectures nationally. He is a physician advisor for ongoing research evaluating the risk factors, treatment strategies and critical steps for return to sport in throwing athletes. He serves as a consultant to the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club and is vice chair of Clinical Affairs of the GHS Department of Orthopaedics. Dr. Kissenberth is a graduate of The Citadel, where he captained the football team, and attended the Medical University of South Carolina. He completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Tripler Army Medical Center and served his fellowship in Sports Medicine with Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas and the Hughston Clinic in Columbus, Georgia.
- Steadman Hawkins Clinic - Fellowship, Sports Medicine/Shoulder
- Hughston Orthopaedic Center - Fellowship, Sports Medicine/Shoulder
- Tripler Army Medical Center - Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Medical University of South Carolina
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Sports Medicine