Dr. Lonergan specializes in sports medicine, minimally invasive surgery, complex shoulder surgery and knee restoration procedures. He also performs shoulder and knee replacement surgeries. Dr. Lonergan provides orthopaedic coverage for local high schools. A graduate of Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, he completed his residency in Orthopaedics at Tripler Army Medical Center. He completed fellowships in Sports Medicine at West Point and in Joint and Soft Tissue Trauma at the U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research. During his tenure at Eisenhower Army Medical Center, he was Chief of the Sports Medicine & Shoulder Service and the military?s Southeast regional consultant for Sports Medicine. As the Chief of Orthopaedics, he deployed to Baghdad to perform orthopaedic war surgeries, earning a Bronze Star.
- Keller Army Community Hospital - Fellowship, Orthopaedic/Sports Medicine
- US Institute for Surgical Research - Fellowship, Orthopaedic Research
- Tripler Army Medical Center - Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Sports Medicine