Clinical Research Assistant
As an assistant, you will work on a research team composed of clinical research coordinators, while also working hand-in-hand with orthopedic surgeons, fellows, medical students, physical therapists, amongst other providers at the Patewood Outpatient Center in Greenville, SC.
Clinical research assistants at the Hawkins Foundation will play an integral role supporting our doctors in study screening, recruitment, and follow-up visits. We look for highly motivated individuals who seek to gain valuable hands-on research experience, as well as contribute to the ever-growing field of orthopedic research.
- Lead the study recruitment process for a variety of sponsored and investigator-initiated studies.
- Review patient charts (demographics, pre-operative visit notes, imaging, etc.) to ascertain if a patient meets inclusion and exclusion criteria in each study.
- Support providing physicians through in-office assessments of eligibility for study enrollment.
- Facilitate the study consent and enrollment processes.
- Review all relevant study related documents, namely, the informed consent form, or ICF, with the patient, answering any questions within the research assistants’ scope of knowledge.
- Formally enroll patients within a study’s respective electronic data capturing system (EDC) and into their respective research study in the electronic medical record, namely, EPIC.
- Direct the collection of all study related information, including both subjective and objective data.
- Conduct surveys (either by reading questions aloud or supporting patients as they navigate surveys).
- Record all objective measures (strength, range of motion) as to be identified by the providing investigators
- Upload all study related images to the study’s respective EDC.
- Ensure study preservation through scheduling and coordinating study visits, managing EDC data entry and queries, and follow-up of patients within the study.
- Schedule patient follow-up visits and imaging collection in concordance with timeframes as outlined in a study protocol
- Regularly update EDCs by adding subjective and objective data after follow-up visits, responding to sponsor queries, and adding relevant adverse event reports (AEs)
- Manage financial compensation to patients and the appropriate linkage of appointments to research.
- Distribute and track all study stipends as designated in the study protocol
- Link all office and imaging visits to research, to ensure research covers all fees as outlined in the study protocol
- Monitor physician Redcap compliance through regular review of surgical data entry by providing fellows.
- Undergraduate degree in science and/or healthcare related field (required)
- Clinical research experience (preferred)
- Experience working in excel (preferred)
Send Resume & Cover Letter to
Cecilia Hanna, Executive Director